This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Forum

tomdarkness

Hey,

I prefer the phpBB forum over the old SF forum but it has quite a number of issues. Firstly, it's really, really slow and forces all connections to go over HTTPS for some reason. Also sometimes it won't even let me login - it just hangs on loading the page when returning to the forum from SF's login form. When replying/posting a thread sometimes you click submit and you just get a blank page and the thread/post was never made and if you click back all the stuff you typed out for the thread/post is gone. Hope these problems can be resolved as I find phpBB a great product and use it on many of my sites myself (Without these issues I may add).

• Administrators

This phpbb instance is a SMF hosted app.

These issues are (probably) for all sourceforge-phpbb-apps hosted by SMF.

SMF is known for sometimes being really slow (at least for hosted apps), the mediawiki mumble uses for example.

• Administrators

Unfortunately, since this is a sourceforge hosted app, we have no influence on its performance and or working. Please file a ticket with the sf support and maybe, if enough ppl. complain, they'll finally do sth. about it.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Yeah. It sucks. I contacted the sf support and they are unable to reproduce the issue...

Any hints on how this can be reproduced reliably? I also experience this sometimes and don't have the slightest clue as to why...

The only thing I noticed was that the phpBB forum reported me as not logged in while the SF banner at the top showed that I was logged in. Although I only noticed after a while so it may have been the cause of the problem or may have just developed after the problem began.

• 3 weeks later...