This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Murmur php

skaviouz

I want to control murmur thru php, to include authentication, etc.

I don't have shelll access, but I have root ftp access and cron.

which means I can't install Ice traditionally? unless I have precompiled php or something, and replace it's directory?

but I'm primarily a windows user, which means I am a newbie at linux. I have a CentOS 6.3 (RHEL 6.3 based) VPS.

I have thought about making a java applet, covering my page in iframes, and using javascript to pull and push from the applet; but ...

What do you think I should do? I heard that DBus sucks, and not to use it. I've tried asking for help on IRC but ppl are quiet for the last 24 hrs.

• Moderators

DBus is terrible for Murmur's purposes, and is basically deprecated. As far as I know, it won't receive any updates and could possibly be removed at some point.

I'd advise against putting Ice into a Java applet, as anyone who can take the applet apart can then find out your Ice credentials and take almost full control over the Mumble server.

Having said that, with CentOS you're probably going to be in for a world of pain doing anything at all with Ice.

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.