This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Problem with launching Murmur on external IP

Ogen Dogen

Hello everyone. At the beginning I'd like to excuse if I chose the wrong part of forum for this question. Please move it if it's a problem.

I try to run host Mumble server (Murmur) on my PC on Windows 7 64bit. There aren't any problems with configuration or application when it's running on localhost / local IP or Hamachi , but it doesn't start when I type in external IP. I've got port 64738 redirected on my router to my PC (TCP and UDP) , but anyway I've got this error ->

aaaa.jpg.d0ff1e200bf4554735fd19d43f17795b.jpg

My error.

I used to host Apache and MySQL server on other port and there wasn't any problems , so I think that my PC is visible outside. I also ran it as an administrator and gave root permissions to the whole Mumble folder.

Moreover I attach my murmur.ini configuration file http://pastebin.com/p7iuBqZ1 , but I think that most of values are default. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

i have the exact error message. there isnt much help offered on this forum. kind of sad. with my problem i use the IP address of the pc i am using mumble on.. no special configuration. it was working for over a year without any trouble at all.. and then on nov 11th, windows update happened lol.. i think it fucked up murmur. if you want i can link my problem's URL in your post, i think they might be related. i am also using win 7 64 bit

wait mine says address is protected.

• Moderators

"Address is not available" sounds to me like the WAP IP address isn't bound to that machine. If you're port forwarding and your machine that Murmur lives on only has an IP address like 10.*, ~172*, ~192.*, you'll have to bind to that IP address (or, as mentioned above, leave the host= line blank so it binds to everything) and port forward port 64738 both TCP and UDP.

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.

i have the exact error message. there isnt much help offered on this forum. kind of sad. with my problem i use the IP address of the pc i am using mumble on.. no special configuration. it was working for over a year without any trouble at all.. and then on nov 11th, windows update happened lol.. i think it fucked up murmur. if you want i can link my problem's URL in your post, i think they might be related. i am also using win 7 64 bit

wait mine says address is protected.

I think it's not an OS problem , cause I don't update Windows and I had the same problem on XP machine connected to the same router.

I left blank IP address in config file and it ran like before on localhost , 192* address and Hamachi.

aaaa.jpg.b18b039f2153936dfbf54943965629d6.jpg