This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble messes up my mouse movement

erobuR

Greetings,

I don't blame the product and I do love it but it messes up my mouse somehow and aiming in general. It interferes with something in my system but i am unable to diagnose it exactly.

I installed it today again to check with a fresh windows installation, and with a new hdd but still it messed up anything, and even after I did a system restore to the exact point just before installation of the Mumble, the problem still exists there.

Now either I need to do another windows install or maybe you can help me here what it might be as I don't think there are many things that can interfere after a system restore?

(The problem is still there after reinstalling synapse, or plugging a logitech g100s)

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Razer Deathadder 3.5g

Razer Synapse

Creative Soundblaster Zx

Asus M5a99fx Pro R.2

AMD FX-8350

• Moderators
I don't blame the product and I do love it but it messes up my mouse somehow and aiming in general. It interferes with something in my system but i am unable to diagnose it exactly.

Can you elaborate on this? What's it do exactly?

Do the 64-bit versions of Mumble do it as well?

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.

Mouse movements becomes jittery and slower, and it is not just mouse, it creates a general system input lag.

I think it messes up with some of my sound card or something at all, and then even after i uninstall it, because of the things he changed i cannot see a good performance without reinstalling windows?

Did you install Razer drivers? If so, can you please check if the problem persists when uninstalling them?

There have also been issues with some effects "thing" in Creative software/drivers sometimes producing high system load; check Task Manager if Mumble is shown producing excessive CPU load.