This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Microphone Stopped Working

ECHtoplasm

So I've been having this problem recently with mumble where my microphone won't work. The microphone is functional in game, when I try to listen to it through audio devices, but it won't work only in mumble. I've used mumble for a year now and this problem only started occurring about two weeks ago. Here are some additional details:

I've tried using other mics, same problem.

I've tried restarting mumble.

I've tried reinstalling mumble.

I've tried restarting my computer.

Occasionally the microphone will work after messing around with the Echo settings (switching back and forth between mixed, multi, and none), but the problem will start again after a few minutes.

I've searched everywhere for anyone who has solved this problem, but have turned up nothing. Please help!