This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Odd sound issues.

ironmaiden187

Whenever I start mumble it mutes all sound going to my headset. The odd part is when I'm in mumble settings and hit apply for a bare instant sound comes through.

I've tried updating firmware & drivers on my headset. I've tried older versions of mumble and even the beta snapshots. I've tried fooling with settings such as exclusive control & attenuation in mumble and via the control panel setting for my sound device to see if any of that is the culprit but so far have no clue what the cause is.

I'm using an astro a50 headset. I've had no issues with vent, teamspeak, or skype all of which are closed during my attempts to use mumble.

I can get my speakers to work and the mute effect is not present but I abhor using speakers with a microphone.