This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Setting volume properly

Jedonai

The audio wizard has absolutely no options for setting the volume at which I hear things. I can set the volume at which my mic registers but there is no type of control as to what I hear. As a result everyone speaking is extremely loud and the system is nearly unusable. For me to use it I have to set my computer volume to less than 25% which means that for anything other than mumble my sound is not usable. That is unacceptable for a communications tool, I need to be able to control my own volume.

Edit: I found a different thread that said you can adjust the volume that you hear things by going into settings and checking the advanced settings then altering the "audio output". I just want to say that that is not at all intuitive for a user, and that volume control is a basic feature that should be easily and quickly accessible , not an advanced one that is hidden by default.

• Moderators

I can probably agree with this, and think that there's plenty of room for a volume slider on the "this is an example of speex" page, where you set the buffer size.

I'm not sure where we're doing feature requests at the moment, but I think adding it to the github issues page is probably a good start. If you've got a few minutes to search before doing so, please check no one else has requested it.

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.