This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Linux Distro Packages

joebakb

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of shuffling around some services on my linux VMs and was wondering if there were any certain distros where the pre-configured mumble-server/murmur package is kept up-to-date. I see that Debian/Ubuntu have them (and are mentioned in the server install section of the wiki here), but when I checked the version, it was 1.2.3. My recently updated Fedora 21 VM is running a fc20 murmur package at 1.2.6-1. This shows no package in fc21.

An updated Fedora package would be outstanding, ;) but really I'd just like to know the Mumble team's plan/policy so that I can also use that info to plan a bit myself.

Obviously, I'd like to avoid simply using the binary if possible.

Thanks,

Joe

• Administrators

Hi. The only distro we offer packages for is Ubuntu for which we maintain a PPA. Distro repository packages are managed and updated by the downstream maintainers of the distro so you'll have to contact them for getting them updated.