This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Only hear half the audio

Leviathan1753

Heya,

I recently got some new bluetooth headphones + bluetooth dongle on my computer. Got them set up and working for the most part, except for mumble.

When I switch the audio output in mumble to the headphones, I cannot hear people talking, but other audio from Mumble such as the voice telling me I'm muted will still come through. The other weird part is that it's not just the audio of other people talking that doesn't go through.. but their lip icons don't show them as talking either (though I confirmed they had been talking).

I can swap the audio back to my normal speakers and everything works fine, and people talk and their lip icons light up... but as soon as i swap to my bluetooth connection, the lips stop lighting up and their audio stops.

Any ideas or suggestions as to why half of mumbles audio would stop working depending on the audio output target?