This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Help with Mumo for windows[SOLVED]

spyder1845

After spending a week or so I was finally able to get ICE working with PHP and apache on my mumble server. (Vista x64 laptop sitting in a closet.)

I ended up settling on ICE 3.4.2, as that was the only one I could get to work with myPHPmumbleadmin. However, I was still unable to get an idle script working, so I decided to try mumo.

According the ZeroC forums, for windows, I MUST use the python version (or PHp, or apache, etc) that any specific version of ICE was built for. This was one major thing I overlooked when initially attempting to setup a web interface to play around with.

This leaves me with ICE 3.4.2 and python 2.6.6. (also apache 2.2.29 and PHP 5.3.6)

Attached is the error I get when trying to start mumo.py with python. It states that the modules-enabled\ folder cannot be found (along with 3 other errors I don't quite understand). However, I have created the necessary folder and have even made a symbolic link to the idlemove.ini located in modules-available. In the mumo.ini I have even attempted fully specifying the modules enable path, and even changing it to the modules-available path (and removing the other INI files) -same error, except replace "modules-enabled" with whatever is specified in the config file. I've also tried just straight copying the ini file to the -enabled path.

my PHP, ICE, PYTHON and APACHE skillset consist of 0 experience. Can anyone help me with this error? My only thoughts right now are that the version of python is too old for mumo which states 2.7 in the wiki. Also, I thought ICE used the respective .py .php files now instead of the .ice file as of 3.4? The mumo.ini asks for reference to the murmur.ice file. That or I'm just SOL for windows mumo.

Thanks for any input.

Image1.jpg.4659276903a0720e66cc97e5c314d27f.jpg

error in CMD

Edited by spyder1845

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Hi. You are missing the modules-enabled folder. mumo uses an Apache style configuration where you link (or copy) the configuration for enabled modules from the modules-available to the modules-enabled folder.

I receive this error with a modules-enabled folder in my mumo root.

However, I have created the necessary folder and have even made a symbolic link to the idlemove.ini located in modules-available. In the mumo.ini I have even attempted fully specifying the modules enable path, and even changing it to the modules-available path (and removing the other INI files) -same error, except replace "modules-enabled" with whatever is specified in the config file. I've also tried just straight copying the ini file to the -enabled path.

where should this folder be located?

That attached image currently shows my symbolic link setup, which is where I gave up.

Image1.jpg.e6da105c8291953ee2bb51991462ff45.jpg

• Administrators

You should start mumo from inside its directory. If you don't start it from inside the directory your configuration and subfolders reside in - as you did in the screenshot - you have to manually pass the full path to its configuration using the "--ini" configuration switch. In that case you will also have to specify fully qualified paths for the options in the mumo configuration.

Thanks so much! I Cd to c:/mumo and ran it. The only error I got was a warning "Unknown Property: Ice.Default.EncodingVersion" Will that be a problem?

Thanks again! Now i just wait and see if it works.

hmm.. not working. Runs or seems to be running but no mumo scripts work for me. more errors. there a way to check if mumo is actually connecting to the ICE portion of the server?

sdfsdfsdfsdsdfsdfsdfsdf.jpg.1a01de9efdd55dc2c31ed465c877843a.jpg

• Administrators

The Unkown Property is expected with your Ice version. It only exists since Ice 3.5 and we use it to downgrade its protocol level to 3.4 so you should be fine.

The server log should have some entries once mumo connects. Judging from the screenshot you posted that seems to have happened though. Could you post your idlemove.ini somewhere ? Specifically your channel and source_channel settings. It looks like the script is attempting an idle move but tries to move to a channel that doesn't exist or is in some other way unpalatable to the server.

My afk channel is channel ID 55... i think. It's "Position" property is "55" in mumble to keep it at the very bottom. Perhaps that's too high of a number, or that's not its actual ID?

idlemove Config:

;
; Module for moving/muting/deafening idle players after
; a certain amount of time and moving them back once
; they interact again.
;

[idlemove]
; Interval in which to check for idle users in seconds,
; setting this to low might hurt server performance
interval = 60

; Comma seperated list of servers to operate on, leave empty for all
servers =

[all]
; All parameters in here also take a comma seperated list of values.
; You can use this to chain idle thresholds.

; Time in seconds after which to consider a player idle
threshold = 3600
; Mute the player idle
mute = True
; Deafen the player when idle
deafen = False
; Id of the channel to move the player to when idle
channel = 55
; Channel the player has to be in for this treshold rule to affect him (-1 == Any)
source_channel = -1

; For every server you want to override the [all] section for create
; a [server_<serverid>] section. For example:

; Overriding [all] for server with the id 1 would look like this
;[server_1]
;threshold = 60
;mute = True
;deafen = False
;channel = 1

Also, I did check the log, it said stuff about ice callback, etc.

EDIT: I think I got it! Thanks for making me second guess the channel position. I bounced around channels watching the log and tried one of those numbers, and the script for moving to afk channel when deafening worked! So the AFK portion should work too.

the ID in this case was 1

line from log:

dave(1)> Moved dave:17(1) to AFK[1:0]

Final EDIT: All attempted modules work

Thank you so much for your help!