This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Windows 7-64: with 64 version no-go, with 32 version hooray

hmesker

I have Windows 7 64-bit, and I installed the 64-bit version of Mumble and Murmur. But with that version I was not able to connect to my local server at all. But with the 32-bit version everything works like a charm.

I noticed that when I wanted to change the murmur.ini file with the 64-bit version Windows -7 prevented me from saving changes - it gave me an access denied. Apparently, even though I am an administrator, I am not allowed to make changed in files in the Program Files folder. Maybe this is one of the reasons why I couldn't get the 64-bit version to work. I am happy with the situation now as the 32-bit version works fine, but maybe others have the same problem with the 64-bit version as I do and they are happy to know that the 32-bit version works fine :-)