This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Running Mumble on a web server?

TheDrunk

I am wondering if there is a way to run mumbles on a web server? I have mine which is unlimited bandwith and up to 200Gigs of upload download a month.

So is there a way to run a private mumbles server on ym website? I know about web interfaces, yet forgive my noobness but I dont knwo if running it with a webinterface, is the same as a mumble server?

So if there is a step by step guide how to do it could some one please help me locating the thread, I have searvhed yet I am not a programmer, and not a good web developer. I understand script and how to modify programs, yet I am trying to run mumbles form my web server ( NOT WEB SITE, TWO DIFFERENT FOLDERS) any info or if I need to explain things better let me know thanks

The Drunk

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Websites are always hosted on a server. What you can do with that server entirely depends on the artificial limitations that are put in place.

Webspace for websites typically only allows managing files. Not executing arbitrary/uploaded executables, which you would want to do.

As we don’t know how you host your websites, we can’t give you a definite answer though.