This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Text to speech question

MUDSTER

My friends and I have been using mumble for a while now, all the while using the text-to-speech function since that's hilarious. Something we're curious about, is the abbreviations; Specifically the choice behind them, and if there's a list. You have more standard and expected ones like the intercardinal directions (northeast is ne, southwest is sw, etc), alaska (AK), street (st) but as we used mumble more and more we found more bizarre ones. Manager (mgr), opus (op), marshal islands (mh), rubidium (ru), the list goes on.

So i'm curious. Is there a master list of all the abbreviations that the text to speech uses? On a website somewhere, or in one of the files? It'd help a bunch.

• 3 weeks later...