This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

"An internal error occurred"

nytalus

Windows 7, 64-bit

Mumble 1.2.8

When installing the client, it comes to a point where it says certain files are in use by applications that are running, and asks if I want to close the applications for the install then restart them, or not close the applications and opt to reboot after. I have tried both options, but they both give the error "An internal error occurred". No further information, just kicks me back out and the installation fails.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- N

• Administrators

That's strange. Could you check your windows application event log for messages/errors from "MsiInstaller" directly after that occurs? Windows should write some additional information about the failed attempt there.

See here on how to open the event viewer on Windows 7. Select application under windows logs on the left and check the "Source" column on the right for "MsiInstaller" events (the mumble ones should be on the top if you just performed the installation attempt).

The following is what I get for the MsiInstaller error, event ID 11359

The description for Event ID 11359 from source MsiInstaller cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Product: Mumble 1.2.8 -- Error 1359. An internal error occurred.

(NULL)

(NULL)

(NULL)

(NULL)

(NULL)

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

I can post whatever information you need... there's a bunch of stuff in the details, friendly vs XML, etc. Let me know.

• Administrators

Hm. Googling that error code repeatedly turns up this windows update as a possible culprit (e.g. here).

Could you run the installation from console using

msiexec /i C:\Users\myusername\Downloads\youdownloadedmumbleinstaller.msi /L*v install-log.txt

and upload the log somewhere? This should give much more detailed logging on the installation process.

(if you don't know how to use the windows console following the this fixit to get the log might be easier for you).