This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

how do i export my cert from the iOS app

Windshadow

i don't seem to be able to find the cert created screen and i assume the is where i need to export from as i want to get it working on the ipad3 as well

also i don't seem to be able to get the text msg reply working i can see the msg sent to me but tapping on it does not bring up the keyboard and a text entry space this is on my iPhone 6 if that matters

never could get it to work on my new 5K iMac OS X 10.10.2 it gets the result below and i never even get a chance to enter the pass word my hope is that with the cert i created on my iPhone where the voice chat is working just fine i can import that into the OS X client and get it to work as well

[8:04 PM] Welcome to Mumble.

[8:04 PM] Connecting to server mumble.oldtimersguild.com.

[8:04 PM] Server connection failed: Connection refused.

[8:05 PM] Reconnecting.

[8:05 PM] Server connection failed: Connection refused.

• Administrators
i don't seem to be able to find the cert created screen and i assume the is where i need to export from as i want to get it working on the ipad3 as well

Preferences -> Certificate. You can add certificates (iTunes File Transfer), or create new self-signed certs.

You can also export certificates to the app's document folder by clicking on the info button next to your certificate. The next view should have a share button in the upper right corner of the screen. Then you can select "Export to iTunes".

To get the certificate out, you can uses iTunes File Transfer:

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201301

also i don't seem to be able to get the text msg reply working i can see the msg sent to me but tapping on it does not bring up the keyboard and a text entry space this is on my iPhone 6 if that matters

You should be able to visit the Messages tab. When you're connected to a server, you'll have a server tab, and a messages tab near the top of the screen.

If you to go messages, you'll have all of your messages listed (this is equivalent to the log view in the desktop version of Mumble -- except user moves and so on are not shown -- only messages).

never could get it to work on my new 5K iMac OS X 10.10.2 it gets the result below and i never even get a chance to enter the pass word my hope is that with the cert i created on my iPhone where the voice chat is working just fine i can import that into the OS X client and get it to work as well

[8:04 PM] Welcome to Mumble.

[8:04 PM] Connecting to server mumble.oldtimersguild.com.

[8:04 PM] Server connection failed: Connection refused.

[8:05 PM] Reconnecting.

[8:05 PM] Server connection failed: Connection refused.

If you're sure the hostname and port is correct, you could try to open Preferences (ensure the Advanced checkbox in the top right is checked). Visit Network. Check if "Use Quality of Service" is enabled, and if so, turn it off.

BTW, is your client able to ping the server in the server list?

thanks for the help i was able to export the cert and using it get the mac app to work on a mid 2009 macbook pro 1

the messages are seen in the msg tab of the iPhone app but taping on them does not bring up a keybord and entry space to reply nor can i tap on a user and bring up a msg space to initiate a msg exchange iPhone 6 128 gig ios8.1.2(12B440)

well i went ahead with the snapshot version on the iMac and imported the working cert from the iPhone and it is now working so disregard the stuff below. but still no luck on the msgs on the iPhone version

on the 5k27" retina iMac i still have not got it working the old macbook pro is running the latest beta of OS X 10.10.3 while the new iMac is on 10.10.2 release success with the old mac is with the 1.3.0-506-gec3120-snapshot while on the iMac i run only released software but i will give the newer version a try and import the working cert if you think it is worth a shot

and no i am not able to ping the host from this machine from inside mumble

i am also having problems getting win 8.1 under bootcamp running on this machine due in part to the 3 tera fusion drive i am told just in case there might be a connection.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac15,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 4 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: IM151.0207.B00

SMC Version (system): 2.23f11

Macintosh HD:

Available: 2.04 TB (2,044,179,578,880 bytes)

Capacity: 2.4 TB (2,399,808,741,376 bytes)

Mount Point: /

File System: Journaled HFS+

Writable: Yes

Ignore Ownership: No

BSD Name: disk2s6

Volume UUID: 7D31D004-8745-34EE-AC8D-22F443B5DD02

Physical Drive:

Media Name: APPLE HDD ST3000DM001 Media

Medium Type: Rotational

Protocol: SATA

Internal: Yes

Partition Map Type: GPT (GUID Partition Table)

S.M.A.R.T. Status: Verified

AMD Radeon R9 M295X:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon R9 M295X

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 4096 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x6938

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-C773AA-731

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.731

Displays:

iMac:

Display Type: Retina LCD

Resolution: 5120 x 2880 Retina

Retina: Yes

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Built-In: Yes

• Administrators

the messages are seen in the msg tab of the iPhone app but taping on them does not bring up a keybord and entry space to reply nor can i tap on a user and bring up a msg space to initiate a msg exchange iPhone 6 128 gig ios8.1.2(12B440)

To reply to messages you should use the text entry field at the bottom of the screen when you are in the Messages tab. To reply to a specific person, you need to use the user picker on the left side of the picker.

screen568x568.jpeg.2e196828dc6901c69087de0e62ccc2e7.jpeg

Screenshot of the input field

• Administrators

well i went ahead with the snapshot version on the iMac and imported the working cert from the iPhone and it is now working so disregard the stuff below. but still no luck on the msgs on the iPhone version

on the 5k27" retina iMac i still have not got it working the old macbook pro is running the latest beta of OS X 10.10.3 while the new iMac is on 10.10.2 release success with the old mac is with the 1.3.0-506-gec3120-snapshot while on the iMac i run only released software but i will give the newer version a try and import the working cert if you think it is worth a shot

and no i am not able to ping the host from this machine from inside mumble

i am also having problems getting win 8.1 under bootcamp running on this machine due in part to the 3 tera fusion drive i am told just in case there might be a connection.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac15,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 4 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: IM151.0207.B00

SMC Version (system): 2.23f11

Macintosh HD:

Available: 2.04 TB (2,044,179,578,880 bytes)

Capacity: 2.4 TB (2,399,808,741,376 bytes)

Mount Point: /

File System: Journaled HFS+

Writable: Yes

Ignore Ownership: No

BSD Name: disk2s6

Volume UUID: 7D31D004-8745-34EE-AC8D-22F443B5DD02

Physical Drive:

Media Name: APPLE HDD ST3000DM001 Media

Medium Type: Rotational

Protocol: SATA

Internal: Yes

Partition Map Type: GPT (GUID Partition Table)

S.M.A.R.T. Status: Verified

AMD Radeon R9 M295X:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon R9 M295X

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 4096 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x6938

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-C773AA-731

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.731

Displays:

iMac:

Display Type: Retina LCD

Resolution: 5120 x 2880 Retina

Retina: Yes

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Built-In: Yes

Does this mean that the released version, 1.2.8, does not work on your iMac?