This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble Rest api

vikash159

I need to know about the mumble rest apis do mumble server provide api to create, remove channel from android client code. i'm using the old android mumble code.

Also i need to check do mumble support user to user communication or other possible to communicate user to user.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Thanks.

• Moderators
I need to know about the mumble rest apis do mumble server provide api to create, remove channel from android client code. i'm using the old android mumble code.

No, Mumble's server is extensible via Ice, and you are free to develop your own RESTful API. We have an agreed-upon protocol for exporting the user tree (for use in server "viewers") in both XML and JSON format, but note that not all providers support this (some, like GameTracker I think, have invented their own protocol).

Check out Mumble-Django or MumPI for web interfaces that - I believe - also have their own APIs.

Also i need to check do mumble support user to user communication or other possible to communicate user to user.

I'm not sure what you mean here, do you mean like whispers?

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.