This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

mumble docker not registering in public server list

wireslab

Hello there guys. I hope i can have some guidance in an issue i am facing. I have in a server the official mumble docker image. It runs good, i have botamusique on it and i can access it through internet with the proper port forwarding in my router. the problem is that i can't have my server registered in the public server lists. if i check the logs of my container it says the following:

<W>2022-09-07 12:01:37.712 1 => <0:(-1)> New connection: 159.100.252.167:33702

<W>2022-09-07 12:01:37.955 1 => Registration failed: Host requires authentication

<W>2022-09-07 12:01:38.147 1 => <0:(-1)> Connection closed: The TLS/SSL connection has been closed [1]

i haven't been able to figure out what i am missing. i have filled the required configuration for server registration. thanks in advance for any guidance or help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

If the server is shut down, do you have any service that is reachable under the used port? It seems that some service is running there that requires authentication when a new connection is attempted.

Have you tried using a different port to expose the server to the outside?

On 9/27/2022 at 1:37 AM, Krzmbrzl said:

If the server is shut down, do you have any service that is reachable under the used port? It seems that some service is running there that requires authentication when a new connection is attempted.

Have you tried using a different port to expose the server to the outside?

Shutting down the server, there are no other services running in the 64738 port. I haven't considered trying another port. I'll give a try. In the mumur logs it logs the 159.100.252.167 with incoming port 60434 but always says registrarion failed, host requires authentication. ip