This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble audio quality issue

Openblue

Recently, other users have been commenting on how "low-quality" I sound on their end. This isn't the usual robotic crackling that comes from poor internet connection, nor is it a problem with the microphone because I've recorded myself both locally, using audacity, and over the internet, using vocaroo. Things are fine on Skype and Teamspeak too. Even loopback tests both local and server come up fine.

I've run the audio wizard multiple times, I've fiddled with several audio settings, including the compression and audio processing in mumble, and the microphone settings in windows. I've also followed the usual recommendations, such as forcing TCP, enabling QoS, and even a fresh install of mumble.

I'm at a complete loss. What would cause audio to be low quality only to other mumble users, and how can I fix it?