This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Need help troublshooting the Overlay

Oddible

I cannot get the Mumble overlay to work at all. Are there any troubleshooting steps I can take or some way to start working through resolving this? I'm on Windows 8.1

a) What is the simplest condition which I can have the Overlay working? How can I set this up? I just want to see if I can get the overlay to work at all ever anywhere.

b) Is there any logging or some sort of messaging I can examine to see if Mumble is even trying to start the overlay? I just want to see if Mumble is attempting to apply the overlay and an error is happening or if something in Mumble is causing it to not even try show the overlay.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having similar 'no sign of the overlay' issues after upgrading to 1.3.0 that have persisted even when downgrading to 1.2.8.

You might find DebugView useful. If you create a file named "debugoverlay" with no extension to the mumble install folder, Mumble will print some sparse details about the overlay to it, but not enough to be useful in my case.

If there's any other ways to troubleshoot the overlay that anyone knows about, I'd love to hear them.