This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Upgraded to Windows 8.1 and...

Serrii

I upgraded to windows 8.1 from windows 7 and now I can't hear anyone. When I try to use the audio wizard, I can't hear anything during the device tuning or positional audio parts. I've tried specifying the headset instead of using default device and I've tried disabling positional audio. I've played around with things and nothing seems to work. I can't hear anything during loopback in the audio options either.

The problem seems to be with my RF wireless headset. Everything else works but everyone says that now I sound like I'm in a fishbowl. Warped, etc. When I do the audio wizard there's definitely a lot of "background" up/down...left/right sounds no matter what. I have no clue what's going on.