This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

murmur_servers table already exists

siva_dashq

Hi guys,

I'll try to put this as brief as i can.

My project is to offer users to rent a mumble server that i host on my server.

I already got the website that is handling user registration and stuff like that, and for now the way i do things is that i execute a script in ssh that creates a new server which port i increment. First i was working with sqlite file but in want to switch to a MySQL server. I changed the config of each mumble consequently, i indicate the port and the name of the DB. The problem is this :

Creating a first server isn't a problem, all tables are correctly created in my DB, but as i'm trying to create a second server (with a different port), i have an issue. I've been checking the logs to see what queries were submitted to my MySql server, and i realized that each time i'm creating a new server, this query is executed :

[CREATE TABLE `murmur_servers`(`server_id` INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTO_INCREMENT) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin]: Table 'murmur_servers' already exists QMYSQL3: Unable to execute s$

Is there a way to indicate that i want a INSERT type of query instead of a CREATE one?

PS : I've been checking few topics about it (there's not much on that matter), and all recommend the use of API ICE (which i'm not familiar with), but i'm really want to avoid the use of it if its possible. If there are really no other ways then i will get some info about it.

Thanks a lot !

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Using MySQL is not officially supported.

However, if there is a problem with it please create a bug ticket.

If you can provide a patch that would fix it that would be even better.

As MySQL is not being tested (by us) it is very well possible that an issue was introduced at some point.

Regarding Ice, Ice is indeed the recommended way to handle such a use-case.

One Mumble server process can host multiple servers on multiple ports (rather than duplicating ini-files and processes). These can be created via Ice.

If you want to not use Ice, or specifically want one process for each server, that’s fine as well.