This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

My robot explosions

Bacusat

Before I get into this I would like to say first that this is not me only hearing robot like sound or any of the robot like problems I've read about.

Randomly throughout using mumble when I say something instead of words everyone else in the channel gets a super loud robot explosion that hurts their ears and in general makes everyone unhappy. I've used mumble now since around 2010 and it only started about a year and a half ago. It is not my computer or my headset or the blue skin mumble vs the white and I have always used the latest downloads/version. I am on my 4th headset now and I build and sell computers often. I'd say it has happened on 100% of my computers, about 15 different computers over the last year and a half. Half built by me the other half a mix of towers, laptops and all in ones that were purchased. Push to talk seems to help very slightly. By that I mean it happens a little less frequently than voice activation. I've tried doing a few of the fixes for robot stuff out there and none of that has helped but the issues described are not like mine any way.

I'd really appreciate any help to stop destroying my buddies ear drums randomly.

The only thing I hear is normal voices. I see the first sentence might be a little confusing. Basically all the reported problems I've seen are of a user who hears robot sounds and they themselves sound like a robot. That is not the case for me.

I hear normal voices from everyone in mumble. Sporadically though when I am talking I'll get interrupted by my friends all exclaiming in terror and pain because while I was talking my voice turned into some robot scream. I've used mumble on my computers both purchased from a store and built, my cousins computer, quite a few different headsets, old and new drivers, etc... Yet every time the robot explosions from me happen.

This never used to happen, say 2010-early 2014 and the only constants have been me and mumble. We even have a few hosts we use at different times and it happens in all of them. I have encountered one other person who would occasionally have a robot explosion. It's come to the point where I talk very rarely and when I do I keep it to short or even one word answers. Some help on fixing this issue would be awesome.

• Moderators
The only thing I hear is normal voices. I see the first sentence might be a little confusing. Basically all the reported problems I've seen are of a user who hears robot sounds and they themselves sound like a robot. That is not the case for me.

Did you listen to the recording in the linked problem report? Because I'm pretty sure it's exactly what you're describing.

http://files.natenom.com/public/mumble/bugs/baeh/01.wav

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.