This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

I can hear them, they cant hear me, Mic test works.

Gahhruuba

Hello everyone thanks for checking out my thead...

I just recently setup an Ubuntu Server at home and am using it to chat locally with my gamer buddies..

Everyone can connect to my server, I can hear them.. However when I attempt to talk to them they cannot hear me, but they can hear the text to audio robot.

My lips dont light up to them either, even when I have my mic pressed...

Microphone is not on mute in any settings... It's plugged in... restarted many times... What do?

The fact that your lips are turning red indicates to me that your mic isn't opening up.

There are 2 settings locations for PTT. The first is Configure > Settings > Audio Input: Transmission - Push To Talk. The second location is Configure > Settings > Shortcuts and making sure that is set.

I've ran everything... Microphone is plugged in, it is not muted.... Ports on server computer are open..

I tried signal to ratio, raw input, and push to talk, nothing has worked.

I can hear them fine, they can hear the automated voice when I type to them in Mumble...