This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Hi there

hacst

• Administrators

Just to get things started - and to see if anyone even found this place - I thought it might be neat to see who is working on which translations.

I'm hacst on transifex and while I mostly focus on Mumble development I sometimes sneak in some minor translations in my native German language.

Hi.

I'm doing the Swedish translations for Mumble.

My native language is German but living since 14 years in Sweden.

I'm also a coordinator for the Norwegian translation, but I'm not translating to Norwegian myself. I'm more responsible for hunting Norwegian translators. :) I'm glad to see that we have a few now, and the Norwegian translation of Mumble is starting to grow.

• 9 months later...

Hey guys :lol:

I'm tkmorris on transifex and github, I translate for Portuguese (Brazil). I originally started using Mumble in order to keep my clan, since at the time only TS2 was available, and using it under Linux was a terrible, terrible experience (only OSS was supported, I even posted my emulation scripts online at the time).

Pretty soon after the initial switch, and teaching person after person how to click in all the "right looking" buttons, I decided to translate Mumble to PT_br. When I first started, it never seemed like it was impossible to translate more than 2k "strings", I owe that to my years of experience translating giant articles on Wikipedia. In about 3 days time of translating almost non-stop, I've got it to 100% on Qt Linguist and after spell checking I decided to send it to the mailing list. Suddenly, it felt just amazing to be able to actually explain things nicely to all my friends online about my new favourite piece of software. Then it felt great again, when I've found that I could also translate the installer strings (even though package managers don't need it :mrgreen: ), and the most recent time it was when Project Reality (BF2) updated their bundled mumble client, and I was able to (finally!) see Mumble instructions (in Portuguese!) being written and recorded by other people and not just me!

Mumble servers are still rare in Brazil, but it never got back to zero and keeps (slowly) increasing. I'm not able to game that much after getting into college (B.Eng.), but I make sure to keep everything translated and consistent for those who still can, and I still get lots of fun doing it and seeing people enjoying it, including myself.

• 8 months later...