This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble config help?

cptmiller

have a problem with mumble for some time now and i do not find out to HOW configure settings that i want.

This is the setup that i want for my group

Team 1

-Groupleader 1

Team 2

-Groupleader 2

Here comes the problem. I want the groupleaders talking to their own group and other groupleaders. But when i link, everybody hears and can talk to each other. So i am doing something wrong.

I am using php mumble admin to configuring. I know there is something with the ACL i should configure, but i dont know what i should do.

Are there anyone who can explain it step by step?

Miller

• Administrators

You want to do it server-side via ACL?

It may also be possible to do it via whisper-function client-side, but probably less generic, work-intensive for updating… You can't add groups there probably.

First: Are they supposed to be in the same channel? Everyone of them?

Or should their team and other leader hear each other through the entire server, always?

The setup i want, is that: groupleader 1 and 2 can speak and hear each other and the team their on. When groupleader 1 talks to groupleader 2, the team 1 hears groupleader 1 only. Same as if groupleader 2 is starting talking to groupleader 1, Team 2 is only hearing groupleader 2.

This is how i started out:

Servername

Team 1

-sub groupleader 1

Team 2

-sub groupleader 2

I do not understand so much of the ACL, so i am a completely newbie on this.

I know that there is possible to get this done, but i do not know how.

To answer your questions:

You want to do it server-side via ACL?

As a newbie, i thought that the ACL would be a good solution.

Are they supposed to be in the same channel? Everyone of them?

No they are not, they are in different channels. This is an Bad Company 2 clan. And this is the setup of an rush/conquest game im trying to configure.

Should their team and other leader hear each other through the entire server, always?

No not the entire server. Groupleader 1 can hear and talk to Team 1 and Groupleader 2. Groupleader 2 can hear and talk to Team 2 and Groupleader 1. If this is not possible, then i hope someone can maybe help me with a better solution:)

• Administrators

You can configure a whisper key to whisper to a specific person.

I think there's also shout, with which you will talk normally plus whisper to that person.

So each of the leaders could probably just bind that key in their client and it should work.