This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Server connection menu not opening properly

Decius1988

The Server connection menu not opening properly for me. I launch mumble and normally the menu that allows me to log into servers appears, but it stopped doing so. The menu's are all greyed out and I can't click on anything in mumble because the program thinks the menu for connecting to the server is open. If I press Alt-F4 it closes the non existent menu and makes the program available to navigate all the other menu systems no problems. However when I try to connect to a server again, the menu to do so never comes up and everything is greyed out again. I am running windows 8.1, and never had this problem the nearly a year I've had my PC. It just started today for some reason. I tried to reinstall the program but it didn't solve the problem. Please help ASAP. I need it for my gaming.

• Administrators

We don't really have any "tech support people" so there's that ;) We do keep an eye on the forums but since Mumble in itself is a hobby for us we don't necessarily jump in on every post and our general activity level varies.

You could try uninstalling Mumble and then using the registry editor to delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mumble and then delete the %APPDATA%/Mumble directory. If the uninstaller missed anything that should wipe all configuration Mumble might have on your system (make sure to backup your certificate if you want to keep it).

Haven't heard anyone else describing such problems before. If they persist please make a screenshot as I'm not sure I understood what exactly it is you see and can or can't do.

That worked perfectly Thanks a ton! to try to give you an idea of what was going on when you first open mumble and it brings up the box that allows you to connect to a favorite server or public servers, well it wasn't appearing, but the program thought it was so I couldn't click on any Menu. If you open mumble and while the server connection window is you you will notice you can't click on a menu since it wants you to connect to a server or cancel. When I would press alt F4 it would close the server connection menu as if it was open and the program would act like I clicked cancel on to close the menu to select a server. If I then went into the menu and clicked connect to open the window to find a server it again wouldn't appear.

After doing what you suggested though and reinstalled it, it worked perfect. Thanks a lot!

• Administrators

I see. Maybe it saved some crazy position or geometry for the window. That shouldn't really be a problem nowadays but stuff is complex enough to break in many wonderful ways. Glad it works again.