This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Server is incredibly quiet

JustinNestleroad

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with our mumble server being much quieter than other servers that I've tested. I've been on this for weeks and thought it was the clients at first but I tested out a public server this morning with those same clients and had no issues with volume.

Are there settings I can change within the mumble-server.ini file that boosts user volume or is there something else that might be the cause of this?

Environment is a Google Cloud VM running Ubuntu Server 20.04 with the most recent version of the mumble server.

• Administrators

You might have some volume adjustments saved in your local client's database that apply only on a per-server basis. See if you can fix the low volume on your server by increasing a user's volume adjustment via the context menu.