This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Better calibration of voice?

Jaksan

So I recently started using mumble to talk with some people in a new game after having used teamspeak. A problem that has arisen is that mumble is picking up a lot of sounds my mic does that never teamspeak did. I am using a separate mic , a modmic 4.0 and it makes static like noises when you touch the cable or the mic itself. So when I move around it can make some noise. In teamspeak I never had this problem as it could filter out the sound so while they were there still I could put it so it didn't pick up those sounds and only my voice but in mumble for some reason it picks up these noises just as well as my voice. Is there some way to make it so it is more like teamspeak in that it doesn't pick up such noises?

• Moderators

Try using SNR or raw amplitude, whichever you're not using. They're situational as to which is best, IMHO.

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.