This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble config files/setup

Quassar

Hi

I want to know where mumble storage all settings for application:

=Server list

-Configuration setup (all settings, even if is storage in multiple places)

I need to know it becasue i want use mumble under Sandboxie security and i need put it under direct acess, other way setup will be forgoten to next launch.

http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?ResourceAccessSettings

I know i can run with out sandboxie and configure than run insdie sandboxie,

but any way i want configure it in progress time to time w/o using this pathetic metod...

• Administrators

Windows I guess?

1. %APPDATA%\Mumble

with mainly mumble.sqlite,

but also downloaded updates of Mumble, PA-Plugins and overlay updates.

2. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mumble\Mumble

If you place a file named Mumble.ini next to your Mumble.exe Mumble will store all of its registry settings in there, and place the sqlite locally as well afair.

• 6 years later...
  • Administrators
18 minutes ago, LilyC said:

Is putting Mumble.ini next to Mumble.exe functionally different from using the `--config` option when running Mumble?

Yes. By default Mumble does look for the ini only in specific folders and I think the current directory is not in that list...

Oh. I was able to load a specific Mumble configuration by putting mumble.ini next to mumble.exe. When using the --config argument, is it an ini file that is supposed to be passed, or a different file format?

• Administrators
11 hours ago, LilyC said:

Oh. I was able to load a specific Mumble configuration by putting mumble.ini next to mumble.exe.

Well then I guess there is some logic implemented to pick that up first I guess xD

11 hours ago, LilyC said:

When using the --config argument, is it an ini file that is supposed to be passed, or a different file format?

It's expected to be an ini file (just checked the code to be sure)

8 hours ago, Krzmbrzl said:

Well then I guess there is some logic implemented to pick that up first I guess xD

Haha okay

8 hours ago, Krzmbrzl said:

It's expected to be an ini file (just checked the code to be sure)

So in that case, would putting mumble.ini in the same directory be the same as what one would accomplish using the --config argument?

• Administrators
On 7/9/2021 at 4:18 PM, LilyC said:

So in that case, would putting mumble.ini in the same directory be the same as what one would accomplish using the --config argument?

Yes that seems to be the case