This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Positional Audio-Activated when not supposed to on G930.

nitehaw230

So with the Logitech G930 you can turn on positional audio, which for me, its turned off;same in mumble. Even though its turned off I only receive audio from my left headphone driver, but when i activate it w/o turning it off in mumble it comes out of both. Is there a fix for this or is this just how mumble works?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Yeah. Why do you call it PA though? The product page of G930 does not talk of PA at all; just of 7.1 surround sound.

I am not familiar with the logitech headset drivers and settings.

Maybe something is configured incorrectly there!?

• Administrators

Nitehaw230:

Is my understanding correct that if you enable 7.1, Mumble outputs correctly to your headset. But if you disable it, it only outputs to one driver?

If so, could you set your headset up for non-7.1 mode, and start Mumble (while not in XP compatibility mode). Then close it again. This creates a log of what happened during audio initialization in %APPDATA%\Mumble\Console.txt that we can use to diagnose the issue.

It could go a number of ways -- it all depends on whether changing the switch actually changes what the audio device reports to the OS in terms of number of available channels, etc.

Also, FYI: Enabling XP compatibility mode forces Mumble to use DirectSound instead of WASAPI.