This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble 1.2.8 using too much RAM on Mac OSX

jbkilr54

Ok, so for at least a few months now my mumble has been eating up my ram after being open for 1-2 hours. As I type this Mumble is using 6.25 gb of Ram. I've uninstalled/reinstalled at least 5 times over the past month trying to fix this issue, but it has yet to work. I can close it/reopen which obviously resets the memory usage, but it will shoot back up within half an hour. I've done a little bit of research on the issue but I can not find a solution.

Running on a late 2011 Macbook Pro, 8gb RAM, fully updated running OSX Yosemite 10.10.3.

I've attached a screenshot of the memory usage after ~1 hour. I'm not sure what other info I might need to provide, so let me know and hopefully I'll be able to fix this issue.

485591930_ScreenShot2015-05-13at4_49_12PM.png.f5ee702d5108ee85bb9ffa08b20e9842.png

• Administrators

I guess https://github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/issues/1074

Does it even increase when you are not doing anything?

No users join or leave the channel, and nobody is talking?

Please provide any further input in the issue ticket,

which you may also track to stay updated.

If you’re familiar with coding/profiling, any further analysis and info on where the memory leak comes from would be greatly appreciated!