This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

They can hear me I can't hear them

knob756

I have checked all settings and they are in line with me being able to hear them but still can't. The sound device is the one I'm using and it works with all other voice programs (skype, Teamspeak). I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling mumble to try to fix it but nothing works. Also When I do the audio Wizard I cannot hear the sound in that as well. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated

I have the same problem, with another caveat. It works for a while, then suddenly mumble will just stop transmitting sound to me. I've actually heard it cut off mid word, and will close and restart Mumble. It will work fine for a random length of time. I've had it go all night without issue, or like this evening, I've had to reboot Mumble at least 8 times.

I'll keep an eye on the volume mixer and see what happens.

• 2 months later...
I have checked all settings and they are in line with me being able to hear them but still can't. The sound device is the one I'm using and it works with all other voice programs (skype, Teamspeak). I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling mumble to try to fix it but nothing works. Also When I do the audio Wizard I cannot hear the sound in that as well. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated

I have the exact same issue - from what I've seen, it's an issue that is combined with running windows 8/10 and using certain headsets (I have a skullcandy gaming set).

This bug has been open for a while but has yet to be addressed: http://sourceforge.net/p/mumble/bugs/937/