This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble crashes because of my headphones

EternalToss

• Administrators

Mumble itself does not generally lead to crashes like that.

This seems to be a headset driver issue then (I assume it comes with its own driver, rather than being a simple wired output device).

As such, I would suggest checking for updated drivers from their side, and/or contacting the manufacturers support.

Does this happen when using other software as well?

To work around the issue, you may want to increase the Jitter buffer. As described in the Audio Wizard, very low values may not work with all devices (ofc. even in that case, crashing is a driver bug).

• Administrators

What Kissaki means is that Mumble generally can't crash the whole computer. Mumble can mostly likely crash itself due to a bug, which seems to be what's happening here.

EternalToss, could you please provide a copy of your Console.txt? It contains the Mumble log, and we might be able to figure out what's going wrong by looking at it. It lives in %APPDATA%\Mumble.

Also, does your Mumble client prompt you to submit crash reports? If so, have you reported any? We should be able to find them and further diagnose the issue.

Thanks for the report, much appreciated.