This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble Overlay Issues

K5-

Running: iMac OSX Version 10.9.5 / 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 / 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Mumble Version Installed: OS X 1.3.0~628~gfcb908b~snapshot

Hello, I've been trying to use the mumble overlay for the Steam game Modern Warfare 2. I have an avatar downloaded, and an overlay setup for position on the screen. For whatever reason, whenever Mumble is open before I launch the game, it crashes right away. When I launch the game and then launch mumble, the overlay doesn't show up. I've tried launching the game in Fullscreen and in Windowed and nothing seems to work. The only way I can have Mumble and MW2 open at the same time is if I launch the game first, but no overlay appears. I've tried adding steam/steamapps/common/CallofDutyModernWarfare2 and then clicking the icon for the whitelist, but it still doesn't seem to work. The overlay works on other games though (i've only tried one other game, Delver). Is there a way I can fix this? I heard people talking about what the game runs or something about lightboost, but I have no idea what any of that means...

If someone can get this to work for me it would be much appreciated. Thank you very much!

Also, is it possible to get VAC'd from the overlay?

• Administrators

I can’t really help you with your overlay problem, sorry.

We have a lot of (windows) users running Steam games with the overlay, and never heard of an instance of a VAC kick/ban because of our overlay.

From looking online and looking at other posts, it looks like a lot of other people are having issues with the overlay showing up on Mac.

I also heard something about the overlay not working with games that run DX11?

MW2 hasn't been tested on OS X, but it should work.

I will look into this.

Thank you. I can't seem to get it to work. If you find a solution or a version it works on, please let me know.