This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble Kit creates no .a library in project

fbartolom

I tried inserting MumbleKit in another project after having done it fine in a previous one. Yet now both MumbleKit and the third party libraries do no create they .a targets. I tried removing and reinserting again MumbleKit, just in case the first installation went wrong, but I am left worse than before. In fact now I have arc errors on MumbleKit albeit it is configured for no Arc. As for the direct compilation of the MumbleKit target, again it compiles fine but creates no .a files. Please help as I am really stuck.

• Administrators

It should be as simple as dragging in the .xcodeproj, and adding the .a files as dependencies of your targets.

Could you give me a screenshot or log of the errors you are seeing?

I wish it were so simple. When I compile the mumbleKit sub target, it does not create the .a library, and so do the third parties with all .a files red. In order to compile the sub target I had to do it by itself, at least the first time, otherwise it had arc issues, notwithstanding of course the MumbleKit target is configured as non arc.

Now the compilation went fine, albeit the .a library remained red, but linking produces a host of duplicate symbols of the kind:

duplicate symbol _SSLv2_method in:

/Users/fbartolom/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/inArrivoHD-ebjdiuuwdpdvchgmpsyqkpvvvyhw/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/libMumbleKit.a(s2_meth.o)

/Users/fbartolom/openssl-ios/lib/libssl_iOS.a(s2_meth.o)

duplicate symbol _SSLv2_server_method in:

/Users/fbartolom/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/inArrivoHD-ebjdiuuwdpdvchgmpsyqkpvvvyhw/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/libMumbleKit.a(s2_srvr.o)

/Users/fbartolom/openssl-ios/lib/libssl_iOS.a(s2_srvr.o)

duplicate symbol _ssl2_accept in:

/Users/fbartolom/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/inArrivoHD-ebjdiuuwdpdvchgmpsyqkpvvvyhw/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/libMumbleKit.a(s2_srvr.o)

/Users/fbartolom/openssl-ios/lib/libssl_iOS.a(s2_srvr.o)

• Administrators

The problem is that MumbleKit includes OpenSSL in its .a files.

Your project already uses a separate OpenSSL library, so MumbleKit's OpenSSL and your own OpenSSL clash.

Are you the one including OpenSSL into your project? Or is it another dependency that brings it in?

Now I managed to compile the whole by restarting everything several times and reimporting the mumble kit folder as many times. Yet when I add the (still red) libMumbleKit.a file in the libraries to link I get a number of errors:

Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:

"_kCFStreamPropertySSLPeerCertificates", referenced from:

-[MKConnection peerCertificates] in libMumbleKit.a(MKConnection.o)

-[MKConnection _updateTLSTrustedStatus] in libMumbleKit.a(MKConnection.o)

"_kCFStreamPropertySSLPeerTrust", referenced from:

-[MKConnection _tryHandleSslError:] in libMumbleKit.a(MKConnection.o)

"_kCFStreamPropertySSLSettings", referenced from:

-[MKConnection _setupSsl] in libMumbleKit.a(MKConnection.o)

"_kCFStreamSSLCertificates", referenced from:

"_kCFStreamSSLLevel", referenced from:

"_kCFStreamSSLValidatesCertificateChain", referenced from:

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I do not know if they are connected to the fact the library is red or to some other issue, yet this is the first time that I experiment a lacking file... giving errors!