This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Docker/Portainer Configuration Questions

WC2L

If I use the docker-compose script, the install goes as it needs to run. I can even make connections. I tried to remove the "expose 6502 "(default ICE interface??). That throws errors. I have not been able to figure out how to configure/setup some of the locations (databases, logs, config,etc.), passwords, etc.  It seems like all of the instructions are for server/PC based installs (like modifying the ini). 

So if I go to https://mumble.info, there are no links to the docker image (that I have found). if you go to the docker-hub, there are 220 packages. Not easy to find the official version 😉 So for those of us new to all of this, not a lot of help. 

Looking for guidance.

OK, I can get it up and running using docker config.  

When I go here: Murmur.ini - Mumble Wiki

The link at the top for the latest for the latest ini is bad:

You can find the most recent version of murmur.ini on Github: https://github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/blob/master/scripts/murmur.ini.

At the basic, want to place some o the stuff in the docker container or in the NAS container.  
Not sure what the right answer is "logfile: /volume1/NAS/mumble/murmur.log" says it is invalid input 

Not sure if it matters. This is running on Synology NAS, Running Docker with Portainer. 

• Administrators
6 hours ago, WC2L said:

The link at the top for the latest for the latest ini is bad:

In a first approximation this sadly applies to about everything that is currently on the wiki. It is essentially only a collection of historic information that hasn't been updated in quite a while...

For reference, this is where the up-to-date ini lives now: https://github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/blob/master/auxiliary_files/mumble-server.ini

6 hours ago, WC2L said:

At the basic, want to place some o the stuff in the docker container or in the NAS container.  
Not sure what the right answer is "logfile: /volume1/NAS/mumble/murmur.log" says it is invalid input 

Not sure if it matters. This is running on Synology NAS, Running Docker with Portainer. 

I have no idea about any of that (again: it is probably better to ask directly on GitHub. There, I can ping folks who know Docker better than me), but with the information given, nobody will be able to help you (I assume) anyway. Where does it say "invalid input"? Is this coming from Mumble or somewhere else? And what exactly are your inputs here?

I will ask on GitHub. I wanted to add one line at a time to know where the issues are:

services:
    mumble-server:
        image: mumblevoip/mumble-server:<tag>
        container_name: mumble-server
        hostname: mumble-server
        logfile: /volume1/NAS/mumble/murmur.log
        restart: on-failure
        ports:
            - 64738:64738
            - 64738:64738/udp