This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Signal to Noise too sensitive

officelamp

The meter that measure the signal to noise ratio for the voice triggering is overly sensitive. In other words

• Complete silence the red bar makes it nearly 1/4 to 1/2 the way.
  • With the smallest amount of noise the red bar goes nearly 3/4 to 7/8 of the way.
  • If i'm speaking it complexity peaks.

So in other words i have the smallest sliver of green and yellow set to the vary furthers right of the bar. This however gives me no control over how the triggering happens. Right now it works "ok" but i'd like to to be a little less aggressive on the triggering so that it does not pick up my clicking and typing quite as much.

Please give me any technical info that might help with the issues, including solutions such a plugins or ways to manipulate the sensitive of the mic or of the mumble settings for SNR.

Running

Mumble 1.2.8

Mac OS 10.10.3

MetroMumble OSX Lite.qss, skin

Having the same problem as this guy: https://sourceforge.net/p/mumble/discussion/492607/thread/0ee90a7f