This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Can't figure out how to retrieve the Superuser Password.

MoMoe0

I am currently running a VPS with Centos7. I have followed this page: http://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Install_CentOS7 for installation. Now I know the Superuser password should generate with the logs somewhere, but when I went to check it, it wasn't in the logs. Also none of the normal commands like murmurd or anything work. Are there special commands for Centos? Or is there something I am missing? I am able to login as a regular user, but no admin rights or anything.

• Moderators

There should be a command to specify a new superuser password. Check the start script for Murmur to find out what to use for -ini, then do:

/path/to/murmurd -ini /path/to/ini -supw <whatever>

(or I think you can use -readsupw if you don't want the superuser password on the command line).

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.