This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble -- 1.1.x Server connection failed: The remote host..

owcraftsman

I have two Win 7 x64 machines that I want to be able to run Mumble on.

For what ever reason the normal routine is not getting the job done on either machine because I get this error.

Server connection failed: The remote host closed the connection.

Both machines are running the latest Dev snapshot currently 7208fc

In order to get one working I have to go through the mumble server admin to get connected. Once i get in it works fine over multiple sessions with no trouble.

The issue is when I go back to the other machine it is not working and I get this same error but nothing has changed except which machine I'm on.

Note I have not tried logging in on bot machines at the same time just one at a time.

At this moment I have one machine that is working but here's the kicker when I try the mumble11x.exe I get the same error on the working machine.

I hope it's not to much to ask to have this working on two PC with out tracking down an admin every time to get on the server.

Server info:

Address: 66.150.214.6

Port: 3650

No pass word required

Please advise how to proceed