This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble makes whole computer freeze

xenorial

Hi, I've been having issues with Mumble for the longest time and have tried many troubleshooting solutions and could never make my way around it. Everytime I have mumble opened my CPU spikes up to 100% usage and freezes my whole computer. I have tried reinstalling windows drivers, mumble on a different harddrive/ssd. Problem doesn't happen if I use a teamspeak server but my friends would rather not move to TS permanently. I also have a pretty decent rig, here are the specs:

CPU: i5-4690k

GPU: MSI GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Edition

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB(1x) 1866

Would be awesome if some of you guys could help me out!

• Administrators

Which version of Mumble are you using?

The development snapshots?

Generally, Mumble is more demanding on the audio driver than anything else - simply because it’s a low-latency audio application.

So did you also upgrade your audio drivers (which you did not specifically mention)?

We allow configuration of the jitter buffer to low values, and the audio wizard also mentions *some* audio drivers producing sound artifacts with too low (for them) values of it.

Did you try reducing it?

When exactly does your computer freeze?

Right upon launch?

After connecting to a server?

When receiving/playing audio? When talking?

What kind of freeze?

Can you still kill the process, and everything becomes usable again?