This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Slow Server Connections(Time)

Bigtruckers

Hi all, tried searching and couldn't find anything out there so thought i would post here. Is there a way to increase the connection speed time to server? On any of the new mumble versions, it takes ~10 seconds to just connect to the server, but on older version of mumble I have from years ago(1.2.16), it's like instant. If there isn't a way to make it faster, is it fine to just use the older version? This is on Windows 10.

Edited by Bigtruckers
Platform inclusion

• Administrators

Is this a server with tons of channels on it? Or with lots of users on it? Otherwise, it taking so long is definitely not expected.

Sticking to the old version is somewhat fine. It should remain fully functional, but be aware that there are security vulnerabilities that have only been fixed in newer versions. If you're okay with this risk, then there should be no issues with your old client, unless you eventually end up with a too old OpenSSL version being baked into the application in which case you will see an increasing number of servers rejecting your client due to security issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey sorry for the very late reply. Yeah i just ended up going with the older version, I tried everything i could think of, but going 1.3 version or higher just makes it take forever. I actually timed it after I made the original post and it was actually 24 seconds not 10 so even longer than I thought it was. No there is just 1 Channel, just a small server for me and my friends. Is what it is I guess.

Edit: To clarify this was startup & connecting to server.(using auto connect)

Edited by Bigtruckers
edit

• 2 weeks later...