antiventura Posted July 21, 2010 Share Posted July 21, 2010 Hi all, I had a really strange issue happen to me twice yesterday when I first tried to install and use Mumble v1.2.2. First off, here are the details of my setup:PC Brand and OS: Dell Studio 17 Laptop, Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, EnglishProcessor: Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Quad Core Processor 1.6GHz (2.8GHz Turbo Mode, 6MB Cache)RAM: 4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHzSound Card: High Definition Audio 2.0 (that’s all it says on the order slip)Headset: Rocketfish Bluetooth – behind-the-neck (RF-MAB2)The headset is connected via a Rocketfish Micro Bluetooth Adapter (I believe model number RF-MRBTAD)This was all running with World of Warcraft 3.3.5 And here’s what happened:The install went ok initially. The only problem I had there was that during parts of the Audio Wizard, a piercing noise would go into my ear (like a pulsing feedback). This only occurred while I was looping my own voice, so I figured it was simply because the mic and earpiece were so close together. It went away when I exited the Wizard.After the install, I was able to converse normally with everyone. I use Push-to-Talk, so I don’t know if the feedback thing would still have been an issue.I then went into the program to mess with a couple audio settings and the program hung up. I closed it out and restarted it, and then all I heard was some very faint popping noises coming out as soon as the program launched. As long as the program was running, that very faint popping noise (think old vinyl record player after the music is done) overrode all other sounds on my machine. This included Windows sounds, WoW sounds, anything. When the program had been running normally prior to the hang up, this wasn’t the case.I logged onto our server, and everyone could still hear what I was saying. All I could hear was that faint popping, though. I checked the audio settings and they were the same as when they were working. I also closed the program and logged to Vent just to make sure some system settings hadn’t gotten screwed up, but everything worked fine there.After messing around with it for over an hour, I was finally able to get it working again by completely uninstalling the program (settings and all), rebooting the machine, establishing the Bluetooth connection, and then re-running the setup. Of course, not too long after that I tinkered with the settings again and the same thing happened. This was while connected to our server and others were talking, so that may be a bad time to do that. I can just avoid messing with the settings, but I’m still concerned that it could bomb again at an inopportune time, since that’s not really “fixing the problem”. The only other thing I can think to do is update the driver for my soundcard. If anyone can think of any other possible fixes, please let me know. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now