This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Audio on videos stopped working. How to get the sound back?

BrooklynDee

Ever since I installed mumble on my Manjaro Linux laptop, I no longer receive audio in videos

However, when I press the sound keys for increasing/decreasing and muting sound on my keyboard, I can hear the audio feedback.

I am not certain this issue came from mumble; but I followed the instructions here:

https://commandchannel.com/Tutorials/DisableAttenuation/

to stop mumble’s audio attenuation to other applications. . . but that didn’t work.

I tried to see if this issue only happened in flash. On my computer I played a local.mp4 in VLC media player and had interesting results. Immediately once I played the .mp4 I had sound, but once I pressed a key to change the volume, the sound completely muted; no matter what I did to the video, I couldn’t get the sound back, unless if I closed the window and replayed the .mp4 video over again.

How do I get sound back for videos? If I must, I’m willing to restore Manjaro linux to a previous version, like the state it was earlier today, but I don’t know how to do that.

My system info:

Distro: ManjaroLinux 0.8.13.1 with Xfce 4.12.2

Laptop: Hewlett-Packard product: HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC

Audio: Card-1 Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] FCH Azalia Controller

driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 00:14.2

Card-2 Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Trinity HDMI Audio Controller

driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 00:01.1

Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k3.18.18-1-MANJARO

Attached are screenshots of mumble's current settings.

Thanks in advance. :)

Screenshot_2015-07-15_00-25-56.thumb.png.a812bacab5a4acba1d6263ce5335c68a.png

Screenshot_2015-07-15_00-25-02.thumb.png.7c9f2901c9726a325b9c4712d7191b62.png