This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

PTT Completely dead Will not detect keystrokes for shortcut

LordShadowWing

I am Running Windows 10 Build 10162 and When I try to configure push to talk on my client The program does not detect my keystrokes (I have tried Every key on the keyboard). Is this a Problem with windows 10 or a problem with the coding in Mumble in relation to windows 10?

• Moderators

Hi,

I'm running Windows 10 Technical Preview build 10162, Mumble 1.3.0~664~g6db171e snapshot. PTT and all other keystroke functions work fine, using standard keyboard in my laptop.

What keyboard do you have?

Edit: Just updated to the brand new snapshot, still functions correctly so I'm reasonably sure this isn't a regression in Mumble unless it's hardware-specific to things I don't have. :(

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.

Processor is an AMD FX-4130 Quad Core Processor clocked at 3.80 GHZ

16 GB RAM

Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 Motherboard

Keyboard is a Dell Keyboard (The kind that comes with the newer desktops)

Everything worked in win 7, 8, 8.1 and Several Linux Distributions, but Just doesn't with 10.

When Opening Mumble the entire system freezes up for a few seconds.

Mumble does not close completely, it leaves a process running in the background when it closes that will not force quit. it continues to do this even with the newest snapshot.

I have absolutely no idea as to what is causing this.

Perhaps I should give up on 10??