This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Can't connect to any private servers

ein

Ever since I got a new laptop I haven't been able to connect to any private servers, but can connect to public servers fine. The server info is correct, I'm not banned, and i've even forwarded the ports, but the "connect" button remains grayed out and unable to be clicked. Can anyone shed some light on this problem, or am I forever damned to public mumble servers

• Administrators

Selecting a server from the server list (also counting favorites) makes Mumble ping the server via TCP.

If it receives an answer, it updates the ping and user count, and enables the connect button.

If it works for other servers, and you put in the correct server details, it should work.

• 4 weeks later...
Selecting a server from the server list (also counting favorites) makes Mumble ping the server via TCP.

If it receives an answer, it updates the ping and user count, and enables the connect button.

If it works for other servers, and you put in the correct server details, it should work.

And yet it doesn't. I've entered the correct info for the server multiple times as- on multiple different private servers- but to no avail. I guess you'll have to think more outside of the box on this one