This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Super Low Audio In Mumble?

sabrenation

This issue just popped up today - I guess it is worth noting that Mumble was acting weird from the start. It crashed immediately on startup twice. Once I finally got it working, any audio from Mumble is super low and muffled. The best way I can think of to describe it would be hearing a conversation in another room through semi-thin walls in an apartment or other building. You can tell the sound is there, every now and then you might even make out an actual word or two but that's about it. This issue ONLY affects Mumble, all other programs work fine, I checked the Windows volume control to make sure the individual Mumble setting didn't get lowered - it is at 100%.

Now is where it starts getting weird - it affects ALMOST every sound from Mumble. From the server login/logoff sounds to other users talking to the initial audio latency test in the audio wizard. The one and only bit of audio that is NOT affected is the positional audio test at the end of the audio wizard. That comes in perfectly clear.

I made sure I was running the latest version. I even went so far as to uninstall and reinstall Mumble on my computer. Nothing seems to solve the problem. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?