Mumble forums

The remote host closed the connection, reconnected

gbalkam

This may be similar to something another user was experiencing, but not quite.

I have 2 computers. 1 is the one I am on, running windows 7 home premium *running mumble*

The second is an older model, win xp pro, 1gig processor, 512 (or maybe 1 gig) ram that is running murmur and nothing else. No other programs are running besides windows and murmur. I had been using this set up before with an even older computer as server with pretty much no issues. (except when i tried updating mumble / murmur, but i got that fixed.

So here is the current problem. I log on to mumble from (win 7) computer and connect to murmur *on win xp computer*. Everything works fine, others can connect to my server. BUT after random intervals (20 to 30 minutes according to my mumble log) I get

[1:40:06 AM] Server connection failed: The remote host closed the connection.

[1:40:16 AM] Reconnecting.

[1:40:16 AM] Connected.

[1:40:16 AM] Welcome message:

Welcome to this server running Murmur.

Enjoy your stay!

[2:10:08 AM] Server connection failed: The remote host closed the connection.

[2:10:18 AM] Reconnecting.

[2:10:18 AM] Connected.

[2:10:18 AM] Welcome message:

Welcome to this server running Murmur.

Enjoy your stay!

It only takes a few seconds to reconnect, but this is happening every 20 to 30 minutes and is getting annoying.

My mumble is set to automatically reconnect after disconnection. I am admin on both machines and nobody is banned.

I have a cable modem / router / wireless combo from my isp and the IP never changes.

The only thing I can think of, is that there is a time out - disconnect feature in the murmur server script. True or False? And if true, how can it be changed.

I pretty much have to be on at all times, since I use mumble/murmur for warcraft and run it as a guild voice chat. (by the way, I had been using the free 8 user version of ventrillo, but switched. After everyone got the new software installed and got connected properly, every user vastly prefers mumble over vent! Great job guys, mumble / murmur is an awesome platform!)