This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

"ssl verificaton failed:" on lan(used to work just fine)

jmgreetis

So I am running murmur from my laptop along with mumble to connect to said murmur server. My son then runs mumble on his computer and connects to the same murmur server that I'm running on my laptop. In the past, that's all I had to do in order to use mumble for lan gamimg.

Then one day I get this error on my son's computer when trying to connect the exact same way as always: "ssl verification failed: the certificate is self-signed and untrusted". It gives him the option to accept it anyway, so he does and then gets the exact same error again. Which then gives him the option to accept it anyway again. And it just keeps doing the same thing over and over.

I don't understand what happened. I've tried re-installing it on both machines. So I'm stuck. And of course skype keeps crashing on my sons computer as well, so we can't use that either. Any help is much appreciated.

• Moderators

This is a bug that we've come across before and have yet to work out what's causing it - the SQLite database for Mumble is getting corrupted.

• Go Start; Run (on Windows >7 hold the "Windows" key and press "R").
  • Type %APPDATA%\Mumble and hit enter
  • Find the mumble.sqlite file and rename it.
  • Restart and reconfigure Mumble.

Regrettably, this will result in all his favourites and many settings (some are stored in the registry on Windows) and so on disappearing.

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.