This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Server connection failed: The remote host closed the connect

shabba ranks

Well as in the title says, I'm getting that error. There are other people in the mumble, it's a famous counter strike streamer's mumble. I can connect to other pulbic servers just fine, it's just this one. I am on windows 10 and I have tried a bunch of different fixes like force tcp mode and use quality of service but none of that works. I really need some help.

• 6 months later...

My murmur server is running on winXP so this is what I found, and it works. I am still getting an error where my mumble is timing out.. but at least this problem is solved.

RESOLUTION

To resolve this issue, use one or more of the following methods in the order that they are provided. After you complete each method, verify that the issue is resolved. If a method does not resolve the issue, go to the next method.

Method 1: Disable IEEE 802.1X authentication

To disable IEEE 802.1X authentication, follow these steps:

Click Start, click Run, type ncpa.cpl, and then click OK.

Right-click your wireless network connection, and then click Properties.

Click the Wireless Networks tab.

Under Preferred networks, click your wireless network, and then click Properties.

Click the Authentication tab, click to clear the Enable IEEE 802.1X authentication for this network check box, and then click OK two times.

Basically, navigate to your adapter settings and clear the Enable IEEE 802.1X authentication for this network check box.

• 3 weeks later...