This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

mumble crashes outlook 2013

cboath

Figured this belongs under snapshots and not technical.

But, i've had this issue with snapshots for months now. At least as far back as march. Presently i'm on 1.3.0-704-g6fe5547.

I've got off offCat installed (microsofts office tool) and it lists:

Outlook crash due to third-party module: mumble_ol.dll on: 8/9/2015 at 17:52.

Pulling up the event log, i get this:

Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 15.0.4737.1000, time stamp: 0x55801cd0

Faulting module name: mumble_ol.dll, version: 1.3.0.0, time stamp: 0x55bfcbf4

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0002646e

Faulting process id: 0x1e0c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0d2f6018f9d9e

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\OUTLOOK.EXE

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mumble\Versions\1.3.0~704~g6fe5547~snapshot\mumble_ol.dll

Report Id: 418c855a-3ee9-11e5-8282-40e230e2209a

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I get this message before i even run a game. I'll have outlook up, launch mumble in the back ground while I finish tasks before gaming and it doesn't just crash. You switch to outlook and the interface is frozen. You click things and nothing appears to happen. You can close outlook, at which point it crashes.

I see nothing else about it, so i wonder if people aren't using outlook.

This is a relatively clean machine (2 games, mumble, office, cad suite, av, and malware bytes), though I got the error on my old machine as well.

• Moderators

Try disabling the Overlay in Mumble settings.

If that works, try and work out which process Murmur is hanging (guessing Outlook.exe, but you'll have to work that out) then add that to the blacklist and re-enable the overlay.

If that works, please report back with the contents of what you blacklisted so we can blacklist it by default.

Full disclosure: I used to run a commercial Mumble host, and my opinions do not reflect the opinions of the Mumble project.

That seemed to do it.

I added outlook.exe to the blacklist.

-ran mumble as admin (always have)

-ran game as admin (always have)

Played too many hours to mention and still functioning normally, so that seems to have done the trick.

FWIW, i did not do this with 2010..